Sunday, May 2, 2010

Review - BDB 8 - Lover Mine by JR Ward

I finished this in a day (contrary to whats on GoodReads.com) because I just COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.

I'll admit it, I do usually read that fast that I miss bits.  It's kinda skim reading but I can make myself slow down over the important parts.

And if anyone has actually read any of these... you'll know EXACTLY what parts they are ;o)

and no.. I'm not JUST talking about the love scenes in this!


Alright... Spoilers after the jump.

I was talking to my gorgeous friend Teresa who - along with a HOST of others - put me onto these books in the first place.  About a week before Lover Mine came out she mentioned she knew of some spoilers and of course I begged her to share. 

Therin started an email tag war of what we thought might happen.. what we wanted TO happen and pieces she had picked up from various forums and from an interview with JR herself.

... which of course now I want to share I can't find where I saved the link too :(

I LOVE the fact that Qhuinn is realizing what his feelings are for Blay.  BUT could it be too late?  And Payne.. who will she end up with?  She's obviously going to be like Xhex and end up the second female in the BDB.. or can it even be called brotherhood now?
And there was a reason Muhrder was mentioned.. there has to be a place for him coming up.

And Lassitar.. I think  he has a further purpose than just getting Tohr up and about again. 
SO many questions!

I loved the relationship between John and Xhex.. even with all three boys (JM, B & Q) .. and in turn with Rhev's henchman as they are.  The fact we got a little more of Wrath and Bella's relationship too was great in this, it's been a while since we heard from them.. I mean.. this is book 8 and they were book one. 

Now, I'm rereading them all again.. and probably Covet too.  So freaking good.

I suppose I should score this? .. lets say out of 5 this was definitely a 6 ;o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment